- To verify the accuracy of the software with definite inputs against expected output, functional testing is done.
- This testing can be done manually or automated
- One user performs all the operations
- Customer, Tester and Development involvement is required
- Production sized test environment is not necessary, and H/W requirements are minimal
- To validate the behavior of the system at various load conditions performance testing is done.
- It gives the best result if automated
- Several user performs desired operations
- Customer, Tester, Developer, DBA and N/W management team
- Requires close to production test environment and several H/W facilities to populate the load