There are five validation controls available in ASP.NET AJAX 4.0. They are,
2. MaskedEditExtender and MaskedEditValidator
1. FilteredTextBoxExtender: FilteredTextBoxExtender enables you to apply filtering to an ASP.NET text box.
2. MaskedEditExtender and MaskedEditValidator: Both Restricts a user to enter only a certain pattern of characters in the TextBox by applying a mask to the input.
3. ValidatorCalloutExtender: ValidatorCalloutExtender attaches to the ASP.NET validators and message will be displayed as a balloon-style ToolTip but not as a simple text.
4. NoBot: NoBot prevents the spam or bot from filling the input forms automatically and uses the Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell CAPTCHA, which is a type of challenge-response test to ensure that the response is not generated by the computer.
5. PasswordStrengthExtender: PasswordStrengthExtender measures the strength of the password text entered within the text box by validating with the different strength specified parameters.